What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Canadian No36 M restoration

Infanteer

This grenade was made by a rather difficult to find manufacturer so I felt it was worth the effort to restore it. It had been painted green at some point in its past which is completely incorrect and just wouldn't do so I stripped it back to bare metal and applied a couple of coats of amber shellac. This looked decent so I went ahead and added the red x's and green band then aged it all lightly. This was far easier than I anticipated and now it's much more presentable in my opinion.

Each time I uploaded the new photo it appeared rotated. Any idea how to prevent that or edit it?

IMG_0978a.jpgIMG_3695.jpg

Thanks guys. I wish it was displayed properly. It's always my preference to leave items with their original finish but sometimes someone else has already removed the original finish so I get to play. I really enjoy the process of restoring these items and if I had the opportunity to do it more often it would be fun to experiment with aging techniques.