What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Japanese 70mm

orcutteod

I picked up this Japanese 70mm howitzer shell today at an local antique shop. It appears to be in good condition someone wrote on the side and bottom of the shell Jap mortar, yeah right. Enclosed is some info I gleaned off the internet. I'm wondering how hard it will be to find the projectile.
The Type 92 Battalion Gun was a light howitzer used by the Imperial Japanese Army during the Second Sino-Japanese War and World War II. The Type 92 number was designated for the year the gun was accepted, 2592 in the Japanese imperial year calendar, or 1932 in the Gregorian calendar. Each infantry battalion included two Type 92 guns; therefore, the Type 92 was referred to as "'Battalion Artillery'". http://www.net-maquettes.com/pictures...

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    287.1 KB · Views: 28
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    287.5 KB · Views: 25
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    280.7 KB · Views: 26
The projectiles show up almost not at all. I have one (with original paint and markings), and I have seen one other (repainted) for sale in the past five years. I paid a vast fortune for mine.