What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1944 M48 HE Pack Howitzer shell and case

Posting pics for interest, critique, comments. First, it is as received, advertised as a repaint, condition perfect, no pitting, no dents, inked case. Inside shell cavity very clean, heavily greased. The dummy fuze is not I believe period correct but in perfectly finished NOS condition, it is totally unmarked except for delay and sq. Projo lettering a redo, but very close to the inked look. Projo dated 1944, case 1945, a perfect condition polished case with M48 headcase ink markings. My understanding is the M48 is the same shell as used in a 75mm Sherman ( M18 case) but with it marked 75H it belongs in the shorter M5A1 case. See pics. Purchase price more than I would normally pay, but it fills a gap in my collection.This is the only complete WW2 dated cartridge I own where case, fuze and projo all appear as new and correctly lettered.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    145.4 KB · Views: 63
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    111.6 KB · Views: 54
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    147.1 KB · Views: 59
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    135.3 KB · Views: 55
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
I have found the M48 HE projectile to be very difficult to find. I have only found one to buy in the last five years.