What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Military model help needed

sksvlad

A friend is trying to get rid of a large military model collection, planes , trains and automobiles, sorry, no trains and autos, but tanks, WWI and WWII planes and ships. And sail ships. The collection was created by his father. It has WWII dioramas too. Any suggestions of how to find interested people or musea would be greatly appreciated. The owner resides in Orange County in New York State.

Hey Vlad

Sadly, there is little to no market for built kits. The sail ships might have some value as folks like to decorate with them. Tanks and planes, not so much.

Hey Vlad

Sadly, there is little to no market for built kits. The sail ships might have some value as folks like to decorate with them. Tanks and planes, not so much.

It depends on the quality of the build. When I had my militaria shop I was approached by one of the UKs top model makers, who had won numerous awards for his work. His home and workshop were bursting at the seams so I bought a lot of his stuff and it flew out of the shop. Most of the kits were Japanese but his workmanship, painting and creative skills were superb. I had one buyer who came down from London and took away about 6 big models including cased dioramas.

They made good money too.