Welcome to the Inert Ordnance Collectors.
    Thanks

Military model help needed

A friend is trying to get rid of a large military model collection, planes , trains and automobiles, sorry, no trains and autos, but tanks, WWI and WWII planes and ships. And sail ships. The collection was created by his father. It has WWII dioramas too. Any suggestions of how to find interested people or musea would be greatly appreciated. The owner resides in Orange County in New York State.

Premium Member
    Images
    Thanks
    Hey Vlad

Sadly, there is little to no market for built kits. The sail ships might have some value as folks like to decorate with them. Tanks and planes, not so much.
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    Hey Vlad

Sadly, there is little to no market for built kits. The sail ships might have some value as folks like to decorate with them. Tanks and planes, not so much.
    It depends on the quality of the build. When I had my militaria shop I was approached by one of the UKs top model makers, who had won numerous awards for his work. His home and workshop were bursting at the seams so I bought a lot of his stuff and it flew out of the shop. Most of the kits were Japanese but his workmanship, painting and creative skills were superb. I had one buyer who came down from London and took away about 6 big models including cased dioramas.

They made good money too.
    William Mills - Thank you!