What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

German bomb with Russian fuze for US aircraft

al'saad

Ordnance approved
Yesterday I disposed SD250 bomb which was fitted with the 14" suspension lugs welded on support rings. Still have not found good enough literature for this bomb but can say that this is bomb used by Yugoslav air force on their US built P47D just after the WW2, mainly up to mid fifties. As bomb has lateral fuze pocket and US airplane has no installation for the German fuzes these bombs were fitted with Russian AV-1N fuzes. Those were only design changes on this bomb for post WW2 use in Yugoslav air force. Bomb was designated PRAB-250(n). Later SD-250 bombs were more radically reconstructed to PRAB-250J.

Attachments

• sd_yugo.jpg
    sd_yugo.jpg
    189 KB · Views: 78
  • sd_yugo_2.jpg
    sd_yugo_2.jpg
    187.8 KB · Views: 80
I like pictures of low order results ! Thanks, al'saad ! Wich method was used (if we may known !) ?

Yoda

SD-50 with AV-1 fuzes are found in the Czech Republic.
I have seen the designation AV-1, AV-1F and AV-1M on the fuze bodies.
All of them should However use the Frolov vane.

Please see the attached picture where a soviet soldier swaps German fuzes for Soviet AV-1's in front of Boston bomber.

Good job on the SD250!

Bob

Attachments

• b-2.jpg
    b-2.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 45
@nabob..I made an omission AV1M should be written in my post.

@Yodamaster...Alford HD Vulcan full charge, 12cm standoff perpendicular to base plate 5 cm off the center.

@blu97,

On your image is a newer model PRAB250J AVU-E and AVU-ET fuzed, which was still in the inventory during 90s.