What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wanted a mint SD 2

Fjordhouse

Ordnance approved
Hello, I am looking for a nice SD 2, no dug up if you have 1 for sale please let me know, Regards Ben

Well as long as we are on the subject of searches for SD2's, I am looking for a green SD2 bomb body in very good condition with 98% paint remaining, or better.

Well as long as we are on the subject of searches for SD2's, I am looking for a green SD2 bomb body in very good condition with 98% paint remaining, or better.

98% would be very difficult. Reason being when the wings close around the body unless the wings themselves are not distorted at all or you hold the body carefully before closing the wings, the sharp edges of the wings sometimes scrape against the body. Keeping in mind SD 2's are over 70 years old someone somewhere won't have been careful.
Good luck with your search.

Yea, 98% is probably impossible, so let me refine that to say, "most of the paint remaining". :tinysmile_grin_t: