What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

7.7cm Gas shell Fuzes

Andysarmoury

Premium Member
Hi, Could Anybody tell me if the L.K.Z 16 Fuze could be used on the Long 7.7cm Gas shells, I know it was used for HE shells but the book says the E.K.Z 16 or 17 should be used for gas ? has any EOD's on here found a Gas shell with an L.K.Z 16 on it ?
Cheers
Andy

Last edited:
The German 7.7cm chemical projectiles came in 3 different lengths, 242mm, 264mm and 313mm.
To my knowledge, the “long” model was fuzed with the E.K.Z 16, the E.K.Z 17 and the K.Z 14, not the L.K.Z 16.

Cheers

Pete

The L.K.Z.16 (m.V.) had a delay on impact which was not desired for chemical shells.

Thank you both for your help as its cleared that one up, I have seen a few of the long HE shell's for sale with the L.K.Z 16 Fuze and they are saying its a Gas shell. I even bought one on the understanding it was one, so now i am on the look out for the correct fuze E.K.Z 16 if anybody has got one for sale :)

This is a Pic of one that's for sale and the guy is saying its a gas shell, but the fuze is wrong ?
Cheers
Andy

Attachments

• 77mm.jpg
    77mm.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
I wanted to say that your cartridge comes with a HE shell with the correct L.K.Z. fuze (lange Feldkanonen Granate). But the bottle comes from a chemical 7,7 cm long shell. So the bottle doesn't belong to exactly your shell. These bottles were found empty in large quantity many years ago.

Last edited:
I wanted to say that your cartridge comes with a HE shell with the correct L.K.Z. fuze (lange Feldkanonen Granate). But the bottle comes from a chemical 7,7 cm long shell. So the bottle doesn't belong to exactly your shell. These bottles were found empty in large quantity many years ago.

Many thanks for clearing that one up.
Cheers
Andy