What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Info wanted for a talk on SC50 & SC250 Please

Weasel

Premium Member
Good Evening,
I would really appriciate some help with some basic info on the WW2 German SC50 and SC250 bombs, i have to do a small piece to camera for some military vlogs i do with a friend and we are putting one together about two bombs that were dropped locally tageting the Royal Navy, All i need to know are a few basic things like overal size Length & Width and weight, filling type and weight and the fuzes used, plus any interesting facts you may have on these, that i could use. My normal area of interest does not extend to German air dropped ordnance hence my question.
Many thanks in advance, best Weasel.

The best I can say is : have a look in the download section, bombs. You shall find a lot of documentation about SC50 and SC250 and a great lot of other german usual bombs.

Yoda

Thank you Yoda,
Lots of technical info in there but also written in technical German, not a strong suit of mine unfortunately.
I will try to glean the info I need, I know there used to be quite a few members on here who collected these and was hoping they would be able to assist me. I was interested in how the fuzes were charged before release along with my other questions.
Best Weasel.

Hi Weasel...not sure if the following is of any use to you but here it is

48  SC 50 kg 1.jpg49  SC 50 kg page 2.jpg50  SC 50 kg page 3.jpg51  SC 50 kg page 4.jpg52  SC 50 kg page 5.jpg53  SC 50 kg page 6.jpg

Thats fantastic Spotter, thank you so much for that, it just what i need.
Best Weasel