What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NATO Practice Blue

Big Dave

HONOURED MEMBER RIP
Premium Member
Can anyone tell me the RAL number for Nato practice blue ?I've been told both 3012 and 3015 ? Or is it something totally different ,any help appreciated

This Rocket 3.5 "was introduced into UK Land Service in the mid 1950's. The first ones were made in US and would have been marked to their system of that time. The UK made Rockets Practice M29 would have been marked to BS 381C Colour number 102 Turquoise Blue. This was later replaced by by Colour Number 113 Deep Saxe Blue, but by this time 3.5" rocket was being replaced by 84mm Carl Gustav, in the early 1960's.
Which brings us back to Tim G's question.

Thanks for the replies , iam restoring a pair of 3.5" rockets , one as a practice the other as a HE .As I live within a couple of miles of ROF No8 Thorp Arch ,West Yorkshire where these were assembled in the mid 50s (it was closed finally in April 1958) I was going to stencil the rockets as products of Thorp Arch