What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WW1 Bullet Display

DTOOO

Apart from collecting War related items I also have an interest in using these relics / artefact's to have a meaning for others to view and take thought.

My latest project was to come up with an idea using empty cases of both British and German (again absolutely nothing is inert / live inset in the display)
Going around the frame are British cases then German that continue all the way round identical except for at number 11 and 12 this marking the time of 11.00 o`clock.

On the outer parts are metal strips having both name and number or in some cases just one or the other. (these were nailed to the wooden crosses used throughout the war) I've managed to identify 21 out of a possible 42 but using either just part name / number or all.

The Memorial Plaque / Death Penny is to Thomas James Cooper, this is surrounded by shrapnel balls.

Four base parts off German stick grenades.

Everything has been fixed using adhesive then hidden with original soil off the Somme sprinkled over the top so that no way can be seen by fixing.

Placed over the Plaque and artefacts is one original poppy picked back in 2002 off the Somme then one picked only weeks ago from near to where I live combining both together as one.

Attachments

• plate 3.jpg
    plate 3.jpg
    289.2 KB · Views: 80
  • alsager 2.jpg
    alsager 2.jpg
    318.9 KB · Views: 89
  • b.4.jpg
    b.4.jpg
    297.3 KB · Views: 75