What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ID Stick Grenade? WW1, Practice, Smoke??

MikeS0000

Hello Folks -

I picked up this WW1 Grouping, well, at least an Early WW1 French M.1/2 Gas Mask A WW1 German Canteen and the German, I assume, Stick Grenade.

However, not sure what type, or if it is legitimate?

Appreciate any thoughts you may have!

- Mike

Attachments

• WW1 Items.jpg
    WW1 Items.jpg
    285.7 KB · Views: 79
  • WW1 Items 1.jpg
    WW1 Items 1.jpg
    290 KB · Views: 70
  • WW1 Items 2.jpg
    WW1 Items 2.jpg
    230.5 KB · Views: 62
Yes, absolutely legit German practice stick grenade. It was originally painted the red color that is still visible in some areas. Still a respectable example.

By the way, if you plan to part with that gas mask, I would be interested. Thanks.

Rick

Thanks Rick!!

That's kind of the icing on the cake. The gas mask is quite the find, isn't it. I can't say, in 55+ years of collecting I have seen another for sale. The bag is behind it in the photo. However, I am reaching the end of the collecting line and will no doubt start to pare down the collection, so, I Will keep you in mind. I have a bunch of 'scarce' WW1 items, including some private purchase body armor and a piece of a Paris Gun shell...., etc, etc.

Oh, should ask, as I don't :tinysmile_angry_t: have any reference on these, is there a Model name/no. for this one?

Best regards!
- Mike

Yes, absolutely legit German practice stick grenade. It was originally painted the red color that is still visible in some areas. Still a respectable example.

By the way, if you plan to part with that gas mask, I would be interested. Thanks.

Rick

Last edited:
HI nice practice Mod 1916/17, good find as not common these days.

Attachments

• sam14-11.jpg
    sam14-11.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 23
  • sam14-12.jpg
    sam14-12.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 45