What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

eAZ(66)

Bellifortis

Hallo,
while reading in an old german manual about the eAZ(66) fuze, I realized, that the many hundreds I have seen worldwide, were all incomplete. This fuze is the only german electric fuze, where the electricity is generated mechanically inside the fuze. It consists of 2 parts, The upper mechanical impulse-generator with 2 pins protruding from the bottom and a seperate E-match holder, into which the 2 pins of the top part fit. In all the fuzes I have seen until now, this lower part was missing. The idea behind constructing the fuze in 2 parts, was, that in shaped charge bombs the impulse-generator could be fitted to the nose, while the E-match containing lower part could be fitted seperately in the base and connected by a wire. Does anybody have a good picture(s) of this lower part of the eAZ(66) ?
Thanking you for your consideration, I remain yours
Bellifortis.

Look here! OK like this?

Attachments

• DSCN2660.JPG
    DSCN2660.JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 32
  • DSCN2661.JPG
    DSCN2661.JPG
    86.2 KB · Views: 42
  • DSCN2662.JPG
    DSCN2662.JPG
    93.9 KB · Views: 33
  • DSCN2663.JPG
    DSCN2663.JPG
    96.5 KB · Views: 28
Datenblatt.jpg Im Datenblatt ist der Heckeinsatz beschrieben, Einsatz bei SH 4 HL Gruss Joerg

Here are some, hope it helps, Mrfuze, USA

Attachments

• eAZ 66, 1c, GE,.jpg
    eAZ 66, 1c, GE,.jpg
    256.4 KB · Views: 40
  • eAZ 66, 1a, GE,.jpg
    eAZ 66, 1a, GE,.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 41
  • eAZ 66, 1b, GE,.jpg
    eAZ 66, 1b, GE,.jpg
    234.4 KB · Views: 40