What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

30mm Aden shell stamp

Ruuti,

I would be wary of any markings on the projectiles, if you look at their next picture https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/...en_ammunition_Keski-Suomen_ilmailumuseo_2.JPG no way is that colouring original, it looks like it's been crayoned. Apparently, someone has seen fit to re-mark the round(s).

The 'HE' round is in a 'RG' Radway Green case and I think the one you have shown is also in a 'RG' case. I've looked for UK manufacturers' monograms ending HE, but to no good result. What makes you think the first letter is a 'J'?

TimG

Looks like a Practice Mk 2Z to me. Usual black paint but none of mine have marks like your example.

Yes, the yellow one is clearly selfpainted, but the black is my opinion original.
And the JHA-stamp; i have seen another similar cartridge previously in a different place.

In sweden a black 30mm Aden bullet would armour piercing. maybe the danes use the same marking, unfortunately i didn't have any danish documents about 30mm ammunition.
Or is it a danish production for sweden?
pprj - pansarprojektil - armor-piercing projectile

Attachments

• Zuschneiden_14.jpg
    Zuschneiden_14.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 22
Last edited: