Welcome to the Inert Ordnance Collectors.
    Premium Member
    Thanks

Baton round / grenade bandolier ID

Can anyone confirm the nationality of this baton round / grenade bandolier? Is it British Army issue?

It was purchased with used/empty L5A7 1.5 Inch baton round cases, dated 2008, so they would most likely be the L5A7’s used in Iraq. The only photos I’ve seen of baton round guns in Iraq do not show how the rounds were carried.

The green nylon webbing has no labels or markings.
    The plastic tubes have only a recycle PE symbol, moulded on the inside.
    Each tube is attached to the webbing by two rivets only.
    Olive green self adhesive velcro is stitched to the webbing flaps, and stapled to the tubes.
    Rivets were made by Schaeffer. (This company appears to have been closed down in 2010)

The tubes would accept 1.5 Inch or 40mm casings.

Wanted: Baton/Irritant rounds (inert) and associated items, .700 NE (inert) and boxes (empty), .32-40 cartridge boxes (empty), WW2 British shotgun cartridge boxes (empty), Greener Police Gun cartridge boxes (empty). Message me if you have any of these items for sale/trade.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to reccetrooper For This Useful Post:

roller63 (29th August 2018)

Premium Member
    Images
    Thanks
    I have one of these with 6 x 40mm L8A1 inert practice marker marker rounds for the UGL and made by NICO in it. I'm fairly sure that is what they are for. They are British issue, but I don't have any documents to back it up. I am not at home at the moment, so can't post pictures. Hope that helps. Tony.
    "Smoke me a kipper, i'll be back for breakfast!"

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to roller63 For This Useful Post:

batonroundcollector (11th September 2018), reccetrooper (29th August 2018)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thank you Tony.
    Wanted: Baton/Irritant rounds (inert) and associated items, .700 NE (inert) and boxes (empty), .32-40 cartridge boxes (empty), WW2 British shotgun cartridge boxes (empty), Greener Police Gun cartridge boxes (empty). Message me if you have any of these items for sale/trade.

Premium Member
    Images
    Thanks
    where did you get this mate?
    always looking for inert baton rounds and accessories - please message me if you have any for sale/trade.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by batonroundcollector View Post
    where did you get this mate?
    At Detling. I got two, so have a spare if you need one. PM me.

Premium Member
    Images
    Thanks
    I expect you have seen this baton round bandolier, sold out a long time ago, link for reference only :-

http://www.deactivated-guns.co.uk/de.../prod_483.html
    "Smoke me a kipper, i'll be back for breakfast!"

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by roller63 View Post
    I expect you have seen this baton round bandolier, sold out a long time ago, link for reference only :-

http://www.deactivated-guns.co.uk/de.../prod_483.html
    Yes, I have a couple of them. They are actually the Arwen 37 ammunition belt from Royal Ordnance.

Attached Images Attached Images

10. The Following User Says Thank You to reccetrooper For This Useful Post:

roller63 (12th September 2018)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    I though I’d add a photo of the South African belts in my collection. These are olive green webbing. I am looking for examples in nutria (khaki) and SAP blue if anyone has them available.

Attached Images Attached Images

12. The Following User Says Thank You to reccetrooper For This Useful Post:

roller63 (12th September 2018)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by roller63 View Post
    I have one of these with 6 x 40mm L8A1 inert practice marker marker rounds for the UGL and made by NICO in it. I'm fairly sure that is what they are for. They are British issue, but I don't have any documents to back it up. I am not at home at the moment, so can't post pictures. Hope that helps. Tony.

Hi,

As Tony says, I'm pretty sure the bandolier is for the L8A1 40x46mm practice grenades supplied by Nico. The bandolier in the attached photos came with the leaflet from Nico, rolled in one of the tubes.

Cheers,

Gary

IMG_4065.jpg IMG_4068.jpg IMG_4069.jpg IMG_4070.jpg

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to oktato For This Useful Post:

reccetrooper (16th September 2018), roller63 (16th September 2018)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thank you Gary.