What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

50 Y fuze circuit diagram

BMG50

Premium Member
I had a circuit diagram of the Y 50 fuze with the anti disturbance mercury tilt switches and an explanation of its workings but can't seem to find it here or on my files. I think it was a hand drawn circuit diagram with typewriter print from a BD manual or notes. Anyone have it, trailed through the forum posts can't see it.

Hi,
Here you are, with a very special diagram by the inventor himself. There is no attached explanation and I'm the wrong person to lead you through the circuit. The drawing is german 1940s practise, english was slightly different.
Greetings,
Bellifortis.
I had a circuit diagram of the Y 50 fuze with the anti disturbance mercury tilt switches and an explanation of its workings but can't seem to find it here or on my files. I think it was a hand drawn circuiELAZ (50)B.jpgt diagram with typewriter print from a BD manual or notes. Anyone have it, trailed through the forum posts can't see it.

Hallo,
Rigby's scan shows the first of these type fuzes, the (50), After this came the (50)A. This was published in the L.Dv. 152/26 as g.Kdos. (geheime Kommandosache). I do not know the right translation. "Secret Command Item" May be Tim knows a better translation. This is one of the 152 manual parts I still did not find. The (50)B or Y-fuze, as the english call it, has an upper electric part same like the (17) and it has a battery in the lower part, that can be exchanged (longer storage time) and in addition to the very sensitive trembler switch, 3 mercury switches and a flared, to the outside, bottom to somehow stick to the wall of the boostertube. Attached is the drawing from L.Dv.4200 This makes the electrotechnical drawing of the inventor understandable.
Regards,
Bellifortis.

Attachments

• ELAZ (50)B.jpg
    ELAZ (50)B.jpg
    288 KB · Views: 26
Hi BMG50,
from the book of Wolfgang Fleischer

Yoda

Attachments

• ElAZ50Y.pdf
    173.5 KB · Views: 47