Welcome to the Inert Ordnance Collectors.
    Thanks

British 1 1/2" Signal Cartridges

I ask for information about these 1 1/2" Signal Flares. Why is a triangle symbol used instead of a coloured band?
    Can anybody supply the pages from a manual showing all colours in this series?
    The wad shows green in small letters. Yellow in large letters. I guess the triangles represent star colour like a coloured band.
    Cases were made 1938 by ICI but loaded in 12/39 and 1/40. 6/41 for the loaded one.
    Why did this series continue when coloured bands were also made in these years? Airforce use or special purpose? All help is appreciated. Ron.
    UebTz%+mRxi9k3GKPWDJ1w_thumb_3c0.jpgfY99CsWEQD6rqB7WZopE9Q_thumb_3c1.jpgcA5JiXJfQRudoJHQ2MeU1Q_thumb_3c2.jpg

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ron3350 For This Useful Post:

MINENAZ16 (6th September 2018)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Ron,

Is it possible you've got Cartridges, Signal, Double Star (coloured Triangle) and Cartridges, Signal, G.R., (coloured bands)? Although the document does state later double star signals were marked with coloured bands.

TimG

21.jpg22.jpg23.jpg29.jpg30.jpg31.jpg

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TimG For This Useful Post:

MINENAZ16 (6th September 2018), reccetrooper (6th September 2018)

Thanks
    Tim. Thank you for the documents. It seems that the triangles were only used on double star shells.
    I do not have these early years with coloured bands, only later 1945, 50 and 60's dates so my statement was incorrect and too broad.
    I do not have any UK GR series shells, only Australian ones. I am still learning and appreciate all comments. Ron.