What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unknown Fuze

orcutteod

Anybody have any idea what this anodize aluminum fuze is for?
Thanks

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    283 KB · Views: 38
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    285.2 KB · Views: 26
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    282.5 KB · Views: 26
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    291.6 KB · Views: 26
Looks like it is for the US Hydra 2.75 inch rocket. I just so happen to have one laying around.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    252.8 KB · Views: 27
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    243.9 KB · Views: 26
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    180.4 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
My first thought it was for a rocket. I knew it was American because the fellow I got it from said he got it from a company in the San Francisco area he worked for. Anyhow thanks guys.

Hi Slick,

The fuze you show looks like a practice fuze. What's its name ?
I only know the PD M423, M427 and the inert M435 (which is a single piece of aluminium of the same shape than the real fuze)

S.

Hi Slick,

I only know the PD M423, M427 and the inert M435 (which is a single piece of aluminium of the same shape than the real fuze)

S.

It's no longer in my collection so can't check the markings. I'll ask the new owner to ID it.

Although primarily used for the 10Lb. M151 and 17Lb. M229 HE warheads on the 2.75 inch FFAR, there are larger thread adaptors that allow it to be used on larger rockets like the 5 inch Zuni.

Hi Slick,

S.

There is no "M" number. Just a part number.
fuze rocket.jpeg