What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Polish Item

jvollenberg

Ordnance approved
So I just got these ...
they are Polish ... MWMS-100M
I don't have measurements, BUT ...
They look like mortars:
tail boom section at base has spot to screw in primer
base has what look to be gas check bands.

Now here is where it is interesting. The body is in two pieces. There is no place for a fuze. The base (where gas check bans are located) comes off and has a wire connected to one side of the body.

So my guess of Illum, or cargo type round doesn't really check out. Might be dropped, but from what and how? Maybe it's missing something. You can see a bracket that came with it (only one) that fits perfectly round the body.

so what do you guys got? I will post more pics tomorrow or Saturday.

Thanks everyone …
Joe

Attachments

• mortars.jpg
    mortars.jpg
    223 KB · Views: 67
I have these pictures, no ID but think they are a ship fired flare system. But a guess

I have 3 pictures of same item, one of it pulled apart. aa parachute and flare is seen. I am thinking it is a ship launched flare of some kind, but just a guess. for some reason I can not get the pics to post on this reply though. contact me and I'll send you the pics