Welcome to the Inert Ordnance Collectors.
    Premium Member
    Thanks

They Shall Not Grow Old

UK members check cinemas local to you. This film documentary is being shown for one night only, at 18:00 on Tuesday 16th October, at multiple locations across the UK.

They Shall Not Grow Old uses the voices of the veterans combined with original archival footage to bring to life the reality of war on the front line for a whole new generation. Footage has been colourised, converted to 3D and transformed with modern production techniques to present never before seen detail.

https://www.bfi.org.uk/news-opinion/...l-not-grow-old
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Wanted: Baton/Irritant rounds (inert) and associated items, .700 NE (inert) and boxes (empty), .32-40 cartridge boxes (empty), WW2 British shotgun cartridge boxes (empty), Greener Police Gun cartridge boxes (empty). Message me if you have any of these items for sale/trade.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to reccetrooper For This Useful Post:

Andysarmoury (12th October 2018), sksvlad (14th October 2018)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    I’ve just got home after seeing this film. It is a really interesting film, in style, concept, and in content.

Original black and white silent archive film has been restored, enhanced, and play speeds adjusted where necessary.

Much of this restored footage has then been colourised, which really brings to life the people and scenes.

Professional lip-readers were used to analyse what was being said by the men in the footage and a sound track was voiced over using people from the areas appropriate to the regiments in the footage, so that voices and accents could be as close as possible.

Artillery noise soundtrack material was recorded during live fire gunnery practice by the NZ Army.

The commentary is entirely taken from sound archives of interviews with WW1 veterans that were recorded in the 1960’s and 1970’s.

My one caution to anyone that may have the opportunity to see this in the future, is the large number of dead and wounded (men and horses) with wounds that appear all the more shocking in the colourised footage.
    Last edited by reccetrooper; 16th October 2018 at 11:39 PM.
    Wanted: Baton/Irritant rounds (inert) and associated items, .700 NE (inert) and boxes (empty), .32-40 cartridge boxes (empty), WW2 British shotgun cartridge boxes (empty), Greener Police Gun cartridge boxes (empty). Message me if you have any of these items for sale/trade.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to reccetrooper For This Useful Post:

Andysarmoury (17th October 2018), starshell (18th October 2018)

Premium Member
    Thanks