What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help on Swiss 20mm Projectile Types

EODGUY

Need some ID on 20x128mm Swiss loadings. The loading codes I need are "R" on an OD projectile with a red band on the ogive; PPAE on an OD projectile with a blue tip and yellow band above the rotating band; PAE on an OD projectile with a yellow band at the rotating band and a red band above that; PT INS on a gray projectile with a black tip and a white band on the ogive; PT INS on a brown projectile with a black tip and a white band on the ogive; and RP with a black projectile and a green band on the ogive. Thought I had a good Swiss reference, but it does not cover these codes. Want to make sure my guesses are correct for document I am working on. Thanks!

The RP marked one (black with green text and band) is a Rompedora Perforante (Armor Piercing - High Explosive)
And the one with "R" on an OD projectile with a red band on the ogive is a Rompedora (High Explosive)

If i'm correct, these color codes and designations were for Spain

Attachments

• projectiel1.jpg
    projectiel1.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 26
  • projectiel2.jpg
    projectiel2.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 27