What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bombs under garden bench

This paragraph from the article makes me wonder how many items have been lost this way.

Mr Flaxman, 58, also gave the bomb experts an empty hand grenade which had been used as a doorstop after being in the family for years.

"It never bothered me, but it does cause alarm to other people, so it's good that the bomb squad have taken it away," he said.

Blacker Bombards are rare. Great shame if drill rounds are disposed off. A Home Guard Museum would be very happy with those.

Don't panic too much. When I went for an interview with the Poice CBRN unit, they were sharing the same base as the EOD teams at the time (Probably still are). They have an unofficial "museum", packed full of awesome stuff. I asked about it all and one of the guys said that the majority of it was just handed in to Police stations and were inert anyway.

I was glad to see that the plainly inert stuff went to a good home.