What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

An unknown Blendkörper model

marek_wawa

Hello, Ia have recently come by a unknown to me version of a grenage that is possibly a version of a german ww2 Blendkörper.
Does anyone know what exactly can it be? From what I know there were no inner toob of any sort in this one. Just a corc unter the screwed on cap.
It is not a fake, The source is 100% good :) There were lots of them.
I mean the one on the left, by the Blendkörper 2H :)
Any ideas what can it be? Found in Poland.

1.jpg4.jpg7.jpg

Hallo,
I do not know the one pictured on the left, but in a place where humidity is always high, you do not need the inner tube with saltsolution. The saltsolution was only installed so that the grenade could be used in very dry climate. For the fogacid to work, it needs water. In a desert for instance, there is no water in the air and only the grenade with the inner tube will work there.
Bellifortis.
Hello, Ia have recently come by a unknown to me version of a grenage that is possibly a version of a german ww2 Blendkörper.
Does anyone know what exactly can it be? From what I know there were no inner toob of any sort in this one. Just a corc unter the screwed on cap.
It is not a fake, The source is 100% good :) There were lots of them.
I mean the one on the left, by the Blendkörper 2H :)
Any ideas what can it be? Found in Poland.

View attachment 147882View attachment 147883View attachment 147884

I'm on the road and far from any references, but it looks a lot like the first model of blendkorper - can anyone confirm or am I imagining it?

Hi,
the model "1H", if that's what you mean, looks quite differently. It had a long drawn out neck, like a handle. The above pictured one is something different.
regards,
Bellifortis.
I'm on the road and far from any references, but it looks a lot like the first model of blendkorper - can anyone confirm or am I imagining it?

Although the 63 mm diameter perfectly fits the 1H, just the neck and cape are 2H-like... Transitional model?

Yes, but the long drawn out neck was of cardboard and Plaster of Paris which might now be long gone from dug samples. The glass bowl of the 1H looks pear shaped against the more oval shape of the model 2H.
I agree with Bellifortis on the working difference between the two..... both were filled with titanium tetrachloride - which vaporizes in contact with air. The model 2H includes a glass vial containing calcium chloride allowing it to operate at lower relative humidity.