What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My collection in new display cases

wichitaslumlord

Premium Member
I finally have my collection displayed in new cabinets but they still leave a lot to be desired. The inert grenades on the top 2 or 3 shelves form a light blocking canopy over the items below, so I must remove everything and install additional lighting for the bottom section.
US SUBS and Paul the Grenade both have great display set ups and I may end up scrapping my cases for something more like theirs!!!

It is not well organized but this was just a "test filling" of the cabinets so here is my collections world debut........

Here are some inert Japanese items
100_7477.jpg100_7479.jpg100_7528.jpg100_7529.jpg100_7527.jpg100_7526.jpg100_7524.jpg100_7523.jpg

Very nice collection and organization. It's no wonder that Jap stuff is hard to find in the U.S.

What's the story behind the Dole Pineapple grenade?

Thanks to highlandotter and HAZORD for the kind words!

The Dole pineapple can and the Plochmans mustard bottle next to it are the product of an eBay seller with a warped sense of humor. He listed them as "experimental pineapple grenade" and "experimental mustard gas grenade" along with an absurd story of their development and trials. I share his sense of humor and bought the pair (really cheap) as conversation pieces.

Very impressive. I was told early on in collecting that Jap items were common in the US, but I have not found that to be the case at all. I am with Hazord - now I understand why that situation exists. What variety of Russian BM? APFSDS round do you have - 100, 115 or 125mm? I am leaning towards 125mm.

Last edited:
Very impressive. I was told early on in collecting that Jap items were common in the US, but I have not found that to be the case at all. I am with Hazord - now I understand why that situation exists. What variety of Russian BM? APFSDS round do you have - 100, 115 or 125mm? I am leaning towards 125mm.

Thanks. My collection of Japanese inert ordnance pales in comparison to several others I have seen but I pick up what I can. The APFSDS is the 125mm. I bought it at the Tulsa gun show several years ago early in the morning. I was riding with friends and had no access to their car until we left so I got to carry it around for 7 hours at which time both arms were 1/4" longer. It is surprisingly heavy......

Wow impressive , a good variety of things and every time you look you see something you haven't noticed

Wow, that is one hell of a fantastic collection!

In the 5th set of photos, 6th photo, what is the long dart like item on the chest, infront of the 57mm rocket? Looks interesting!

Wow, that is one hell of a fantastic collection!

In the 5th set of photos, 6th photo, what is the long dart like item on the chest, infront of the 57mm rocket? Looks interesting!

Thank you.
The item is marked as HEAD ROCKET HE 35M/M T2023E1 INERT LOADED LOT PA-51-1 7-54 INERT

US SUBS pointed me in the direction of the Loki Dart program as a possibility for it's identification. I think Jeff hit it dead on. Attached below is a little information from a document I found on the internet.

The source document says it can reach altitudes of 115km, which is actually in space. There seems to be at least 2 sizes of booster rockets.
Loki dart 1.JPGLoki dart 2.JPGLoki dart 3.JPG

Veterans Day Remembrance Display 2018

This weekend has been busy with setting up a display of WW I and WW II inert ordnance at the local VFW Post 112 in Wichita Ks. We had 3 veterans speak about their experiences during WW II and Vietnam. This is truly a time to reflect on those who have served our country and the world in the name of peace and freedom.
Pictured below is a nice sampling of the wide variety of ordnance used during these 2 wars.

100_7532.jpg100_7534.jpg100_7535.jpg100_7536.jpg100_7537.jpg100_7538.jpg100_7539.jpg100_7540.jpg100_7541.jpg