What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Radway Green 9mm Para with Soft Point Bullet

Lewis

Over the last 44+ years I have found three RG 9mm2Z rounds with soft point bullets. I was told that these were manufacturing errors at RG. The rounds are pictured below. The story is that these loads are the result of the unfinished bullet jacket with the lead core inside entering the bullet dies upside down.

A quite advanced British collector has Six additional RG soft point 9mm2Z loads. I have been collecting 9x19mm for over 60 years and have not encountered any other military rounds that were "accidental" SPs.

Have any other members of the BOCN encountered these RG soft point loads? If so I would like to document them.

Has anyone seen similar SP loads with military headstamps by HN or BE or other British manufacturers?

Does any have insight into the bullet manufacturing process at RG in the 1950s through 1970s?

The BOCN seems the ideal place to seek this information.

RG SP blts.jpgRG SP blts-hst.jpgRG SP blts-MR.jpg
Any help appreciated.

Cheers,
Lew

PS: The link to this discussion on the IAA Forum is
https://forum.cartridgecollectors.org/t/radway-green-9x19-military-hsts-soft-point-bullets/30571

I found one once while inspecting some RG production 9mm Mk 2Z, in 1961 but the production was I believe 1956.