What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

17 Pounder MkVI APC-T

peregrinvs

Before, during and after of the latest completed project.

Uncleaned (2).JPGCleaned + Kurust treated (1).jpgIMG_5974.jpg17PR MkVI APC-T - finished (1).jpg17PR MkVI APC-T - finished (2).jpg17PR MkVI APC-T - finished (3).jpg17PR MkVI APC-T - finished (5).jpg

The MkII AP-T projectile is still a work in progress.

As ever there are various imperfections if you look closely. I'm also aware the font size and style isn't quite accurate and it's best to just ignore the drive bands really... But overall I'm fairly pleased with it and it's not like unfired projectiles grow on trees these days.

Cheers,
Mark

PS. If the markings look vaguely familiar, it's because I copied the illustration in the book 'Firing Now'. No, I don't want to know if it's wrong. :tinysmile_twink_t:

Great job Mark but have you told the lady of the house ,you use the cutlery to put the filler on ?

Great job Mark but have you told the lady of the house ,you use the cutlery to put the filler on ?
Thank you. Spousal wrath was avoided as it's an old knife that lives in my toolbox for jobs like this. She's very much into crafting - knitting, crochet, cross-stitch, etc. - so she kind of gets why I like doing this sort of thing.

Looks good and something nice about a shell that's actually seen a gun barrel not just spent its life in an ammo box in a storeroom. And a lot cheaper than the silly prices people pay these days too! :tinysmile_grin_t:

Very nice job, and many thanks for posting the pics. I have a similar shell - although not as pitted - and you've certainly given me some ideas......