What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unidentified fuse/initiator

94thFS95

Premium Member
Hello all,
WHAT is this?! I won an auction of various fuses and projectiles I was interested in, and this was in the lot. It appears to have been painted red, and over painted OD green. It looks like it has a rusted pin holding the dome cap in place, and is threaded at the bottom, so I assume it’s some type of initator or fuse. To what? The main body is 39mm long, 22.16mm diameter. The threads are just under 14mm, haven’t checked the TPI. Anybody know what this is for?
51EDD2B9-D85C-49E8-B1F9-F76762BE0D90.jpg881889D8-C30A-46B5-8F10-E73C57912FE8.jpg

Thank you all for the replies... mines are outside the parameters of my collection, and I never would have figured it out. I had an idea that’s what it might be for, but the scope of items it could have been a part of is vast. I knew for certain however that someone here would know!