Welcome to the Inert Ordnance Collectors.
    Images
    Thanks

Shillelagh Antitank Missile

My local military history museum, Museum of the American GI, has one of the nicest operational tank collections in the US. They asked me to find a Shillelagh missile for their Sheridan tank. These appear to be hard to find. Does anyone know of one available anywhere? Does anyone have one in their collection? May I request photos and drawings in case I have to make a reproduction for them? It is not a normal museum operation with its hand out all the time (don't get me wrong - they will accept donations). It is a well funded organization that does not mind paying market prices to get what it wants. Thank you for your help.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,072 Times in 623 Posts
    Never seen one for sale. Warhead photos previously posted by US Subs. Years ago there were some aluminum loading shapes with demill cuts in the nose for sale. 6 inch diameter, fired from the 152mm M81 gun/launcher tube on the Sheridan and later M60A2.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by HAZORD; 18th November 2018 at 05:59 PM.
    ___HAZ/
    _____/ORD Hazardous Ordnance Recognition
    ________Saving Lives Through Education

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to HAZORD For This Useful Post:

917601 (18th November 2018), M8owner (18th November 2018), MINENAZ16 (18th November 2018), proditto (18th November 2018)

ORDNANCE APPROVED/Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,550 Times in 971 Posts
    Try Marshall Morgan in TN. He specializes in museum supply or ordnance items, very nice pieces but out of my price range. Best I've ever found is the drill version.

5 (2).jpg
    All dug or live ordnance shown in my posts is under EOD control and has been or will be dealt with accordingly by EOD personnel

5. The Following User Says Thank You to US-Subs For This Useful Post:

M8owner (21st November 2018)