What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ID of Finnish AP Mines

Simply Sakaramiina 65 (left, with Yleissytytin 65 pressure fuze), Sakaramiina 65/98 (right) has a Sakaralaukaisin 98 pressure fuze.

SakaraMiina_01.jpg

Regards
stecol

Last edited:
Thank you for identification. Maybe someone has a technical data sheet or cutaway drawing ?

I also would like very much additional technical info on these mines, that I have never seen before.
Regards,
Bellifortis.

The Sakaramiina 65 has three parts; the charge (60g TNT), the fuze (Yleissytytin 65 or YS 65), and the plastic three-pronged 'crown' (Sakaralaukaisin 65).

The Sakaramiina 65 98 has three parts; the charge (60g TNT), the fuze (Yleissytytin 65 or YS 65), and the steel three-pronged 'crown' (Sakaralaukaisin 98).

So the only thing that is different is the 'crown' - it was changed to steel for various reasons (CCW Protocol I mostly).

Hello Stackmouse,
Thanks for informations.
Do you have information on the other mine on the picture ?
Regards

The other one is a rare one, the "Hyppymiina 59". I don't have much on it, but it is a bouncing mine with cast iron shell with a charge of 150g TNT and with a total weight of 1,6 kg.

ExkrbHr.png