Welcome to the Inert Ordnance Collectors.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pom-2S

Thanks
    I have now read that not only does the fuze respond to slight rotation of its input axis, caused by pull on the trip-lines, also self-destruct, but even is triggered when the mine body is tilted through a small angle! I only ever saw once a detailed section of the fuze, but this unfortunately has now disappeared (Probably it had been uploaded by the tirelss Ivashkin!) Has anyone a copy of this document, and, better still, a knowledge of the functioning? The self-destruct appears to utilise a silicone fluid, if I interpreted the image correctly, though it might be a metal -shearing type delay.Thanks.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprockets View Post
    I have now read that not only does the fuze respond to slight rotation of its input axis, caused by pull on the trip-lines, also self-destruct, but even is triggered when the mine body is tilted through a small angle! I only ever saw once a detailed section of the fuze, but this unfortunately has now disappeared (Probably it had been uploaded by the tirelss Ivashkin!) Has anyone a copy of this document, and, better still, a knowledge of the functioning? The self-destruct appears to utilise a silicone fluid, if I interpreted the image correctly, though it might be a metal -shearing type delay.Thanks.

Maybe picture was mine, but maybe not. Here you are cutway from the manual.
    Fuze is VP-09S, but also exists VP-09S1 (VP-09S-1). What is the difference (or are differences?) - no information.
    015.jpg

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ivashkin For This Useful Post:

pzgr40 (18th November 2019), Sprockets (18th November 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 483 Posts
    Hi, sorry for the late reply, but I only have the lower part of the mine, I am still looking for the upper part. I thought that I could have the upper part 3D printed , but found out it will be the hell of a job to even draw it 3D.
    This is what I have so far. If anybody has the upper part for sale or trade, please let me know.
    Regards, DJH
    Attached Images Attached Images

5. The Following User Says Thank You to pzgr40 For This Useful Post:

Sprockets (18th November 2019)

Thanks
    Thanks, Ivashkin, for a very clear section of the fuze-I think it was you who mentioned that the fuze operates in three ways-1) Trip lines rotate the lever 14, which rises slightly to allow this to happen, when rod 17 is no longer held down-rise slowed by pressing the vee shaped piece of metal to slide (friction) against rubber diaphragm, to allow trip line weights to settle 2)-Destroys itself as silicone fluid in 31, 30 moves from top, though hole and past small openings in 31 (rubber) 3)- Tilting the mine somehow releases firing pin-How? Could the rubber piece 31, when mine is tilted, deform, release inside edge from groove in rod 29, letting fluid flow rapidly, and let 29 rise rapidly, causing detonation. Hole 34-Is this to let the gases of detonator firing release to the top? I am usually wrong!
    pzgr40-When I saw your picture I thought that you had all the fuze, just the top pieces missing. Then I looked again-you appear to be missing all the fuze mechanism as well! ! Oh, no! Let's hope that someone supplies a corpse for you to dissect soon!
    Many thanks to you both,
    Martin.

Thanks
    If you need any help with how the mine works DJH, let me know as I've written about this before. Its fiendish complex in operation and the images supplied by Ivaskin (which come from one of the russian mine warfare manuals) can be problematic due to various issues.
    Last edited by spotter; 20th November 2019 at 12:39 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12