What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unknown fuze (time(?) + impact) Possibly German or Export (?)

Bever

Premium Member
Has no markings or grad. of time , or atleast not anymore.

Diameter of thread is : 38,1mm x 1/14" (Equal to the Krupp. Dopp.Z. C/04 & Turkish variant)

However, I do not know what type this one is , and hope any of you may be able to help me with this.

In attachment , images of the fuze.

Thank you

IMG_4013.jpgIMG_4010.jpgIMG_4005.jpg

Hello,

it's a Krupp S/15 double action fuze. At least Norway and Spain (Mod. 1894) used this fuze but I think others too. Yours is missing the scale. Such fuzes I know have been used on inert shells for (ballistic-?) experimental purposes. Sometimes it can be observed that such fuzes did not met quality requirements and were taken from the production lines not completely finished. The fuze thread is a typical Krupp thread. The british No.59 is also an example with this thread size.

Regards, Alpini

PS: I think you are the first person here giving correct meassurements of the fuze thread :top: :top: :top:

Hallo Alpini,
if the above is an S/15 , what is the nomenclature of the fuze in the attached foto. There are a few differences.
regards,
Bellifortis.Krupp S 15 001.jpg

Which differences do you mean? Nomenclature is the same, Krupp internal of course. The customers of Krupp often had own names for the fuzes.

Hi Alpini,
the percussion apparatus is different. In my foto the firing-pin is integral with the fuze and you can see the top of the seperate cap-holder/striker with its safety-spring. In Bevers fuze the complete striking-mechanism can be screwd out as one piece. In the fuze of my foto, this is not possible.
Regards,
Bellifortis.S-15.jpg

Last edited:
I am sure it's possible also for your fuze. The small gap between the fuze body and the primer screw is visible in the photo.

The construction with the six ignition holes wouldn't make any sense if it is a single piece.

Last edited: