What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hungarian? Rifle Grenade.

ron3350

Sold as a Hungarian rifle grenade. It looks like a practice rocket-assisted grenade with 4 vent holes.
The head is solid alloy, steel adaptor and stem with a plastic tail.
The body is 60 / 55mm wide, 395mm long and 16.5mm hole for spigot launcher.
Some info may have been removed above the stencilling.
I need to confirm the country and grenade model /type.

tzShroBBTlad7ALS5ClN%A_thumb_4bb.jpgXaFZUlW2SwGgaRljU9r1cQ_thumb_4bc.jpggiDxZJNMTUC1XtcaQ4CloQ_thumb_4bd.jpg

Complete family

Here is the complete family. The designation is someting with GKGeweergranaten.jpg

Thank you both for this info. I assume you agree that it is Hungarian. I could find no info on this grenade. Ron.
What rifle would fire this grenade?

Exact name is PGKGY (from "A MUNKÁSŐRSÉGNÉL RENDSZERESITETT FEGYEREK OKTATÁSÁHOZ")

Image17.jpg

Regards,

S.

Hi,
Just to add to the information already provided, it was fired from a special Hungarian version of the Kalashnikov assault rifle, called the AMP-69. As already mentioned, this is the practice version of the Anti-Tank grenade. The usual marking is GYAKORLO (for PRACTICE) over the lot number, factory number (33) and last two numbers of the year of manufacture.
Cheers,
Gary

Hi,
Just to add to the information already provided, it was fired from a special Hungarian version of the Kalashnikov assault rifle, called the AMP-69. As already mentioned, this is the practice version of the Anti-Tank grenade. The usual marking is GYAKORLO (for PRACTICE) over the lot number, factory number (33) and last two numbers of the year of manufacture.
Cheers,
Gary

Hi Oktato,
do you known the name of the 33 factory ?
In my docs I have only a Check one and a Bulgarian one ! Should your grenades made in another country than Hungaria ?

Yoda

Hi Yoda,
I'm sorry but I don't know the name of the manufacturer.
The Factory code "33" appears on various items of Hungarian ordnance including the GYATA-64 AP Mine, 58-K-100 Anti-Tank Hand Grenade, 1948 M Hand Grenade and the KFPG Smoke Rifle Grenade.
I've attached a few photos as examples.
Gary

IMG_4129.jpg IMG_8634.jpg IMG_6403.jpg IMG_4649.jpg

Still thinking about whether Factory 33 was Hungarian or not.
Or whether the Factory only made inert training models.
The attached photo shows a deactivated HE 1948 M Hand Grenade and the Gyakorlo Training version, both with the "33" Factory code.
By the way, there is currently a Gyakorlo Anti-Personnel Rifle Grenade on QuickFire Auctions (not mine!)

IMG_4647.jpg