What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

National Air and Space Museum(s) Washington DC

Slick

A recent trip to Wash. DC allowed me time to visit numerous sights of interest. First on the list was both of the NASM facilities. While the bulk of the displays are aviation/space related, there were enough ordnance pieces to justify a picture pages for the members here. Both museums are outstanding, as might be expected for a gov't run operation where money is not an issue. My only complaint was lighting and and all the smalls being behind glass which affected picture quality. Truth be told, I took over 600 pictures. I really like ordnance stuff, but being a USAF brat and then a 27 year career in the airline industry makes for an airplane obsession, to a near extreme. Considering the historic importance of the bulk of the air and space craft on display, it was only natural to get crazy with the camera(phone). Anyway, here are some of the rockets and missiles and bombs and bullets I noticed during the walkarounds.

nasm1.jpgnasm3.jpgnasm4.jpgnasm5.jpgnasm6.jpgnasm7.jpg
nasm9.jpgnasm10.jpgnasm12.jpgnasm15.jpgnasm18.jpgnasm22.jpg
nasm23.jpgnasm25.jpgnasm28.jpgnasm36.jpgnasm40.jpgnasm42.jpg
nasm51.jpgnasm52.jpgnasm54.jpgnasm59.jpgnasm57.jpgnasm27.jpgnasm41.jpg
nasm43.jpgnasm45.jpgnasm61.jpg

And some random airplane pics, just because that's what the places were all about.

nasm19.jpgnasm11.jpgnasm21.jpgnasm24.jpgnasm39.jpgnasm32.jpgnasm50.jpg

It was cold and blustery for the bulk of the trip. Sucked to be outside. The wife wears one of those FitBit watches. It said we averaged 16,000 steps a day. 16,000!!! PER DAY!!!! Wore this old ass out, let me tell ya. But it was worth it. Hope y'all enjoy the pics.

Great pictures, looks like it's well worth a visit. Thank you for taking the time to upload the pics for us all to to look at.
Best Weasel

Glad to see that the F-14 had a full load of Sidewinder, Sparrow, and Phoenix Missiles! The full spectrum.

Rick, who makes those watches? I wanna buy some company stock. I, on another hand, just sit in a tiki bar in Miami and watch planes circling Ft.Lauderdale landing strip at night, with night clouds and wave music from the ocean.
DSCF8072.jpgDSCF8073.jpg

I just had a meeting in Finland, and i guess i was better of in Washington.

Attachments

• fin12.jpg
    fin12.jpg
    188.5 KB · Views: 22
-17 degree Celsius? Ha. A friend from Siberia wrote that they had -30C!!!! But, yes, come to FloridaDSCF8118.jpg