What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My last find : stockmine 43 (no explosive or fuze, but a nice green paint)

MaskedK

Hello

a nice old man gave me last week this nice pair of Stockmine 43. He found them in 1946, near Saint Malo (Bretagne), near his garage entrance! The soil was sandy and mines were sticked deep. The sticks were damaged. As you can see below, they're empty (a very good thing!).

IMG_20181204_072738.jpgIMG_20181204_072807.jpg

And yes, my cat likes them too :tinysmile_hmm_t:

I will buy two ZZ42 fuze molded resin reproductions and craft two wooden sticks.

Jean Loup

Nice find. There are two types, you have the flat bottom type, the other has the base tapered like the top.
I remember talking to a veteran about stock mines, he said the Germans placed them about waist high so if you kneeled down by a hedge or road side (favourite spot) you were staring them face on.

Thank you.

the house of the old man were really near the shore of the Channel. It was therefore an element of defense of the beaches (or exits of the beaches).

Jean Loup