What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Expert to identify a Japanese WWII Fuse

kaydee

I need help identifying a Japanese WWII Fuse. I have searched the Web and cannot find any information on this fuse. I need to know what Type of fuse it is and what it was used on.
Can anyone one help?????

attachment.php
attachment.php

attachment.php
attachment.php

Dwight Brown

Last edited by a moderator:
What you have here are two Imperial Japanese Army Type 3rd Year Combination Powder Time & Impact Fuzes. These were used with 75 mm Shrapnel and old H.E. projectiles.

Your specimens on the left is a cut above the rest. Very expertly inerted and with all components still present. Very rarely seen in this condition with protective transit cover and transit tins. The only item I can't see is the small safety pin that goes through the holes at tip of the nose cap.

You are very fortunate to have such excellent examples. Treasure them.

Cheers,
Robert

Robert,
Thanks for all the information. It was just what I was looking for and you filled in all the blanks. I have already been asked it I would sell one of the fuses. My response was, "If you had these two complete very rare fuses with all of the Bring Back documentation and the shipping box with the Lieutenants name and address, wrapped with paper from the Los Angeles times date the same month and year, would you want tp sell pone or keep them together for preservation." Their answer was, I would never separate any part of the set.
Again I thank all who responded to my request.
Dwight Brown
kaydee

very rare fuses[/QUOTE said:
I wouldn't say that they are very rare or rare at all. Just that having all the internal components and protective cover and transit tins make them stand out well above the rest. It is the condition which is rare, not the fuze.

You have done well deciding to keep them together on the grounds that the accompanying documentation is for 2 fuzes. Otherwise the Fuze on the left is the absolute keeper.

Cheers,
Robert

Last edited: