What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unknown 20mm.

Shawy

Hi again. Being sorting through a lot of stuff lately and came across this. It's 20mm unfixed whit a rear trace. That's all I can say. Poss US Vulcan or similar???? Shawy.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    309 KB · Views: 86
More likely one of the European rounds: the 20 x 139 (HS 820 / Oerlikon KAD / Rh 202 / 20M693), or even the 20 x 128 (Oerlikon KAA).

Tony,

Wouldn't that make this a bit unusual as the mentioned rounds tend to have sintered iron driving bands?.

I'm sure i've seen, at least drawings, of Hispano 20x 110HS with this sort of projectile as a TP/T round, maybe late UK manufacture?.

Yes, gentlemen, I was wrong. On sorting through my collection I realised that I actually have a 20 x 110 HS with a projectile of that shape, in good condition. It is painted blue, with the following information painted in while on the projectile:

TTT
20 mm TP-T
HIS/SUB
M80 BG
LOT0003ASM92

The headstamp is D A C (the C has an M inside) 20 MM 44. The primer is struck (markedly off-centre) so the projectile might not be in the correct case.

Hi guys,lve had this rnd for must be 15-20years and never bothered to get it ID now 10mins an its done. Thanks a lot guy's. Shawy.