What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rsa blenheim new zealand

BOUGAINVILLE

Hi folks,
Have just got back from a few weeks in New Zealand. As a kid I can remember going into the local RSA (Returned Servicemen's Association) in Blenheim and seeing heaps of display cabinets chockablock full of guns, ordnance and militaria. On my recent visit I thought that it would be worth checking to see if it was still there in the newer more modern RSA. My hunch more than paid off and I was blown over by what I found and the dedication they put in to their displays. They must have a dungeon full of stuff as apparently they rotate the displays regularly so that there is always something different to see.

If any of you are thinking of attending the Easter Air Show in Blenheim then a visit to the RSA would be an added bonus.

Take the escalator upstairs and once one goes into the lounge areas just turn left and go to the far left had corner. If you get lost just ask. They are more than helpful.
IMGP4517.jpg

IMGP4475.jpg

IMGP4484.jpg
IMGP4482.jpg
IMGP4483.jpg
IMGP4476.jpg

Last edited:
Also known as the "Type 84" Slick's suggestion seems to be a very good explanation.

TimG