What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sage advice, indeed

Just a moron who have seen too many war films category B and who wants to finish as a hero !
When, when shall people think further than the tip of their nose (literal translation of a Belgian expression) ??? When ???

Yoda

I must admit I do have the same abberation as that guy…..but only with goodlooking women, and only outside during sunny weather.
Does that make me crazy?

When I saw this news on TV, my impression is, that this guy is a liar. A WW2, empty ordnance device will never hiss or whistle. No informed official would ever have told him to hold on to the device. He had excavated and moved it already. So, this story looks to me like one big lie, for what reason, I don't know.
Bellifortis.

I think it' s true, paramedics checked him and found he had hypothermia (undercooled) and he was taken to hospital. They do not take you to hospital in the Netherlands if they are not 100% shure it's neccecerry.
You should also not forget that in the Netherlands the population is pavlov conditioned to overreact in pure panic when confronted with weapons or ammunition. When you read the papers about a handgrenade find you often get the impression you escaped a nuclear disaster and city blocks were on the brink of being fully erased from the face of the earth

Last edited:
I must admit I do have the same abberation as that guy…..but only with goodlooking women, and only outside during sunny weather.
Does that make me crazy?

Anything to stop them whistling eh?