What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1 mutt m1915 German section WW1 discus grenade

Well here is my 1/2 assed attempt at sectioning an m1915 German WW1 offensive discus grenade. I already had the shell halves and cut a circular pattern out of one of the shell halves. I had no guts, so I ordered the innerds from Millsman (thanks John). Now getting a tad (just a tad!) long in the tooth, my hands are not as steady as they once were so I decided not to section the guts themselves. With some contrast painting to highlight the internals and some pig opening work with the dremel I was able to get this mess to decently re-assemble. Now I am not one to section grenades as it goes against my grain, but having many spares of this discus I gave it a whirl. I think it looks pretty good in contrast with the rest of the collection, and this is the best this upper middle aged rummy can do! Cheers....Dano

Attachments

• Picture 509.jpg
    Picture 509.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 30
Hi Dano, well for one you have done well for a first attempt its a tricky little bugger to do, nice one.
Andy

Thanks a million Andy, you are entirely too kind, but I will say it does look at least 1/2 way decent next to the un-cut examples. Your coments are most greatly appreciated. I wish I had 1/2 of the steady hands that Paul the Grenade has but Ihave to do the best I can with what I have to work with. Just a few years back my hands were as steady as the rock of gibralter. Well it just aint so no-more. I have about 5 grenades/fuzes on the way, as living with Mama is cheap so my collection may grow by leaps and bounds.....Dano

Last edited: