What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

105/130mm projectile

EODGUY

There is an interesting thread on a 175mm discarding sabot projectile with some good information. It got me to thinking about a projectile I have that I have not been able to pin point the program it was built for. It is a 105mm TP projectile in a double sabot/bore rider sized up to 130mm. The fuze is also interesting because they have "X'd" out the model number. The MTSQ M500A1 fuze has a series of "X's" stamped into the aluminum removing the original model number. There is no other number in its place. I have never taken the fuze apart to see if I could determine if it was modified in any way.

Attachments

• 105-130mm.jpg
    105-130mm.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 51
  • 105-130mm base.jpg
    105-130mm base.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 34
  • 105-130mm fuze.jpg
    105-130mm fuze.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 37
Very nice, there's several similarities between this and the 175, it just looks like it was developed at the same time etc.
Dave.

Any chance that the fuze is not original to the item? It seems to match in condition, but why a MT fuze?

I have wondered about the fuze projectile combo since I got it. It is in so tight I can't get it out and don't have a fuze wrench to do it the right way. I questioned the MTSQ use on a test round, but then rationalized it that they could have used the SQ function. Still doesn't explain why they would mark out the model number though.