What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

105 recoiless

There were actually two models of smoke, a preengraved version of the M60, and the newer lightweight version. So Chuck, were you just overcome by the need to share that info?

The Forest Service uses them in the U.S. for avalanche control. They have also used the 75mm RR for the same thing.

I've seen the wp the heat 341, hep and HE but has anybody seen the M324 HEAT-T. Plus if Jeff says there is a TP, APERS and Subcal I'm sure he's correct.

When I get some time tonight after work I'll try and pull the numbers off my 105 flechette and check to see what I can dig up on the rest, but no promises for right now. I'm kind of over tasked at the moment, got several thousand pages of rare Japanese info that I have the opportunity to scan, and just received a 24lb box of very rare historic grenade photos and data - all of which needs to be scanned in the next few days. I've got two scanners and computers running non-stop whenever I am not at work. And then I still have the museum photos to get back to work on. I'll try and throw on a couple of example grenade pictures in the next day or two, till then see the two I posted on the other thread - http://www.bocn.co.uk/vbforum/threads/81787-Early-grenade.

Has anybody information, drawings, technical info on the 105 mm M326 HEP-T.
I know there is information in the TM 9-1300-203/2 but I don't have that manual.

Regards,

Chris

Hello Gents,

Here's what I dig up. Hope this info will be of some help. First, some extract from pub TM-1300-204 from May 1959. Sorry for the quality of scan. More to follow...

Cheers.

Luc.

TM 9-1300-204, Chap. 2, p.20.jpgTM 9-1300-204, Chap. 2, p.21.jpgTM 9-1300-204, Chap. 2, p.22.jpgTM 9-1300-204, Chap. 3, p.25.jpgTM 9-1300-204, Chap. 3, p.28.jpg

Here is a flechette model. No stamped markings with the exception of a lot number with a date of 64. Typical steel base with aluminum forward body.

DSCN3656.jpgDSCN3657.jpg

The Marines used the "Ontos" quite a bit up in Con Thien, Khe Sahn, and especially Hue. Ontos means "thing" in Greek. Was it actually called the 106mm? The Ontos was a six barreled 105/106mm RR on a tank chassis.