What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

105 X 617 DM4 LOS RLB 13 . What I have here for ammo case?

tube8

Nice to not know...;)DM105x617  (1).jpgDM105x617  (3).jpgDM105x617  (2).jpgDM105x617  (4).jpgDM105x617  (5).jpgDM105x617  (6).jpg

Can you help me? I have this brass case...

Marked: 105 X 617 DM4 LOS RLB 13
Top Diameter is 100mm(that was what I checked) length of the case is 30cm, not 61,7cm.

A cut down German made 105 x 617mmR tank gun cartridge case reformed into something else???

The threaded hole between the primer hole and the rim may be a powder loading hole. If so the case was originally intend to be loaded with a projectile with a long fin stabilizer which extended down into the case.
The projectile with the long stabilizer is loaded in the case first and then the powder is load in the case via the powder loading hole in the base of the case.

The threaded hole is for a pressure transducer to screw into, the groove across the base to the rim is for the wires from the transducer to the recording equipment when used for pressure testing of chamber pressure. The shortened case & reduced dia. projectile looks like some experimental caliber. But for what??? who knows???