What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

105mm M1 Composition B with supplementary charge -before I pull my teeth out.

DEADLINE222

I have a 105mm M1 projectile dated 1972, which was made by National Presto Industries.

Inspite of my exhaustive search to find a correct paint refference, I have restored the projectile and I am not happy with it.

I have an image on a video of EXACTLY what I am looking for, yet I cannot make out the details on the letter stylization.

Yes, on my restorations a "G" must look EXACTLY the way a "G" would have looked in 1972. :cry:

This video was made in 1965; I trust things did not undego that dramatic of a change over the 7 year period between the filming of the video and the manufacturing of my projectile.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptSjNRPP2lI&feature=player_detailpage#t=93s

The way I want my projectile to look can been seen at 1:33.

It would be more awesome than awesome if someone has a clear image of the projectile in the video. I reviewd all of the TMs I can, and all I have seen are World War 2 and present day examples.

Here is the way my nomenclature looks now. Mind you, I did the work durring my step-son's birthday party, so with that alone taken into account, the paint warrants a second attempt by default. And yes, I am aware of the "Y" at the the end of the supplementary chage that should not be there.

105HM1.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks for the help.

After another week of searching, I stumbled into my considerably large collection of ammunition boxes, and quickly realized one of them was for this exact projectile.

I used the period stencling on the box as a reference, and I am very happy with the results.

I am uncertian of the correctness of the weight zone symbols, but I have seen several recent images of this projectile with what is pictured.

I threw in some before images as well.

00.jpg 1.jpg2.jpg