What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

105mm M735 APFSDS-T

Spaceinvader

I got my first piece of APFSDS ammo! With the help of Jason (APFSDS on the site) I got it shipped up to Canada, because the surplus place wouldn't ship outside of the US. Weighs a ton, about 10-15 pounds? 19in long, and made of aluminum, nickel and tungsten. Missing some paint but it is a fired round. Very happy with this piece! I hope to get some more APFSDS pieces in the future, very interested in this type of ammo.
Rhys DSCN1745[1].jpgDSCN1746[2].jpgDSCN1747[1].jpg

Congratulations and welcome to the very small band of collectors who collect such things. I can't get enough of them myself. Good luck with the collecting.

Dave.

I never got to fire one of those in the service from my 105mm armed Abrams tank in the 80's. I did, however, send hundreds of practice APDS and HEAT rounds down range.

Happy you got it ok and like it. I do not think it was fired, just de-milled by burning out the tracer and kept in bad storage from the Surplus Store it came from. All the fired ones that I have seen had bent mangled fins, gouges, and bent windscreens. In any-case, stoked it got to you ok.

M8owner, just wanted to thank you for your service to our Country as a Abrams Tank Crew Member! Super grateful to you with much respect!

Jason

Thats awesome M8owner! Great service! I hope to find some more of this stuff, but I never see any, and if I do its 600$ and wont ship to Canada :mad:

Spaceinvader,

Your comments about ridiculous prices is absolutely true. Prices on COMMON ordnance items are now beyond belief and prices for truly scarce or rare items are in the stratosphere. And so much of what is listed/offered by sellers is called RARE or SUPER RARE when in fact it is very common.

Brian

A large percentage of the over inflated prices are due to stupidity and greed. Most people that have a single piece of ordnance obtain it in a collection of things they received as a lot, and know nothing about ordnance. They go to a gun show or flea market and see a similar shaped item that is indeed rare and has a high price. So, being completely ignorant of what they have, they price their common scrap at the same price as the rare piece.

If enough people pass by, eventually there will be some idiot that wants the item, and knowing nothing of what it is really worth, pays the inflated price. They take it home, study it, and discover they could have purchased 20 of the same item for what they paid. They get butt hurt that they were screwed because of their ignorance, and decide to resell the piece at what they paid for it.

In the mean time, the original seller is encouraged to continue overpricing things because it worked for him. He might even get into the ordnance business because he has been encouraged to overprice items and screw people. If the guy who bought it from him is able to resell it at the inflated price, then he is also now encouraged to obtain cheap ordnance and overprice it.

It is a vicious cancerous plague that is spreading. I'm thinking we could cure this, if we were allowed to bitch-slap anyone that we see selling ordnance at these ridiculous prices. Eventually after being bitch-slapped enough, they would get the message and lower their prices.

Just a thought.

Another variation is the person that joins BOCN so that he can get us to put a price on his ordnance that he knows nothing about, and then resells it on ebay or Gunbroker, and we never hear from him again. Bring anyone to mind?

Last edited:
Its getting worse, I have only been collecting for maybe 5 years now? And since I started I see things getting pricier. I think the only way to do it is find people with reasonably priced stuff, and stick with them. Find sites like here, and Quickfire where people actually know what pieces are worth. On Ebay there is constantly those 3" .50 dummys for 100-200$! Im with Hazord on the bitch-slapping method...

I'm starting to think now, Hold them by the throat and strangle them with your weak hand and bitch slap with your strong hand.

Another small example is the plastic Czech 73mm Rocket Grenade PG-15P inert training rounds that has been extensively imported into the U.S. in recent years. Prices have gone from around $100 each to as high as $300+ each. But as long as people are willing to remain ignorant and willing to waste their money this will continue; demand will support the market.