What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

12 Pdr 12cwt

tigbrand

Premium Member
Got this case off Sa recently,ive had the primer for years and thought it must be for one of the naval cases with the external primer. this primer is dated 1940 same as the case,is it correct? Its a no 26 I N.Cheers Tig.Ps im after a nice unfired ww2 date Practice shell for this if anyones got one?:tinysmile_fatgrin_t.

thats a nice looking case tig i havent see one with a primer that sticks out like that is there any reason for it

regards lee

primer

Cheers chris does look different! Lee i have no idea why they are like this,also like this is the 4.7 seperate loading case and probably others although the earlier type primer was a strange affair.There were some posts on here ages ago,though dont know where!Still no clearer on the primers correctness for this case.Tig:tinysmile_fatgrin_t.

thats a nice looking case tig i havent see one with a primer that sticks out like that is there any reason for it

regards lee

Lee there were a couple at Beltring this year. Now you know what you're looking for you'll probably spot them.
Dave.

primer

Never seen a Naval sticky out primer like yours, all mine (3) are the old type with knurled rim and small internal extension, Have seen a 1940's one and that was as the old type from memory. It just so happens that I have a shot, practice nice condition for trade, would have to look at it for date etc. 2pr