What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

120MM mortar

In the General Dynamics advertisment film for the 120mm mortar a soldier uses some digital handheld gadget with which he covers the fuze for a short moment. I have seen a different gadget in a german film about modern german artillerie being used. What type of fuzes are these and what information can the gadghet read or transmit to the fuze? I'm still researching the development of the Rheinmetall electric time fuze from 1926-1945. This equipment never made it to being introduced. The "Charging Key" of the old Rheinmetall fuze looked similar to the one that was used in the recently shown TV film about german artillery. Any info is much aprecciated.
Regards,
Bellifortis.

In the General Dynamics advertisment film for the 120mm mortar a soldier uses some digital handheld gadget with which he covers the fuze for a short moment. I have seen a different gadget in a german film about modern german artillerie being used. What type of fuzes are these and what information can the gadghet read or transmit to the fuze? I'm still researching the development of the Rheinmetall electric time fuze from 1926-1945. This equipment never made it to being introduced. The "Charging Key" of the old Rheinmetall fuze looked similar to the one that was used in the recently shown TV film about german artillery. Any info is much aprecciated.
Regards,
Bellifortis.

I'm surprised. In nearly a month there has been no answer to my question. Some of you must have watched the above mentioned film clip. What type of fuze is being used and what information can the gadget transmit to the fuze and how ?
Greetings,
Bellifortis.