What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

13 X 92/SR Mauser

SG500

Premium Member
Just a couple of pictures of a nicely sectioned 13mm Mauser round.
I'm not too familiar with this headstamp. Can anyone help out please?
Dave.

Attachments

• 13 X 92.JPG
    13 X 92.JPG
    71.1 KB · Views: 62
  • 13 X 92 projectile.JPG
    13 X 92 projectile.JPG
    59.1 KB · Views: 61
  • 13 X 92 headstamp.JPG
    13 X 92 headstamp.JPG
    73.8 KB · Views: 59
Api ?

Hi David
Would I be right in assuming that the cavity surrounding the profiled "AP" core would be filled with Phosphorus to aid the spotting of a "hit" ?

Very nice sectioned round by the way !

Last edited:
Hi Chris, thanks, Mmmm - over to the small arms experts on that one.
Not sure but it sounds like a good theory to me. That could explain the very very small holes (1 or 2, can't remember) that are drilled through the metal jacket of the projectile - presumably to make it a bit safer before the person sectioned it (not me!!).
Dave.

This is most likely a sectioned "PmK" (Phosphor Mit Kern), meaning a weep-hole type phosphorous armour piercing indediary. Apparently this loading is very rare. Very nice round, I have never seen that headstamp. There was recently a thread about this round on the IAA forum

http://www.cartridgecollectors.org/forum/index.php

You should post it there, they will probably be able to give you some more information.