What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

13mm TuF

kahu1

Premium Member
Was the 13mm x 92sr (13mm Tuf) round ever used in any other weapons and were there any post WW1 loadings?.If so,any headstamps?

Bob

I believe some were made in Sweden post-war. These are very scarce rounds.

I thik there may have been a few others as well.

I've seen a photo of a twin-barrel Gast aircraft gun in this calibre, designed at the end of WW1. It had two vertical box magazines above the action.

The Maxim TuF heavy machine gun was in production at the end of WW1 with a couple of dozen sent to army units, but it was just too late to see action. So the Mauser M1918 anti-tank rifle represents the only weapon which saw actual use.

Yes, Finland bought 100 guns with ammo 1940, however they were never delivered to troops but remained in depots. 1940-41 there was plans to convert them to .55 Boys cartridge and later on to 8mm Maroszeck. Both plans were not realized and in 1944 there still was 98 guns in depots, which all were scrapped then.

Kahu,

The 13x92 sr round was also extensively used in German post WW1 tests, these continued well in to the 1930's. The "blue bible" (Munition fr Deutsche Flieger Bordwaffen bis 1945, by Franz Petter) shows a large number of different loadings, including: SmK, SmK-Ls, PmK and also case volume decreasing pieces (aluminum pieces fitted inside the casing to resuce space for propellant). Some very interesting material there!!
I also recall reading that an American company has recently (couple years back) started producing this calibre again for use in recreational purposes.

regards,

Menno

I have also seen some modern-made cases by Hlsen Horneber of Germany. I remember them being headstamped "H H 13x92SR".

They were loaded with turned brass projectiles.