What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

13pdr case's

Andysarmoury

Premium Member
Hi, I have just dug these out of a box and thought i would find out a bit more about them were they used as blanks? but they have not been cut down and have lots of dates the last one being 1998 can someone tell me anything about them.
Thanks in advance
Andy

Attachments

• 13pdr.jpg
    13pdr.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 51
  • 13pdr (2).jpg
    13pdr (2).jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Ceremonial Blanks perhaps.

Hi Andy, I think you are pretty well on the mark with your assumption that they were used as Blanks as certainly the one of the right has a 1992 "Blackburn" primer in its base, also the staked out stampings and new stampings would indicate that they have been refilled on those dates.

As to why they have been cut down though???:eek:oh:

Maybe they were too long for someones hearth or mantlepiece !:tinysmile_cry_t3:

I did come across some 13 pounder cases made in 1982 for ceremonial use as the stock of cases used for this purpose had dried up (hopefully going to peoples collections :xd:)

Not the best pic, but all I have.

Attachments

• 13prBlank.JPG
    13prBlank.JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 16
Hi Chris, they are the correct length as i have checked them next to the original one i have.
Andy

Good cases/saluting blanks.

Hi Chris, they are the correct length as i have checked them next to the original one i have.
Andy
Well I did wonder at seeing the ruler next to your case but these WW1 items not being my "thing" I was unsure !

Then you have a pair of good cases !

13pr blank

They RLB also made some in 1968. I think they are used by the RHA when they fire salutes on the queen's birthday and as shes getting older they are using more and more. 2pr