What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

13pdr HE

Andysarmoury

Premium Member
Hi, Here is my 13pdr its unfired including the case, the shell has a No11 Adapter fitted to take the No 44/80 Mk 1 fuse.

Andy

Amended as i put the wrong Number adapter down it should be a No9

Attachments

• 13pdr HE.jpg
    13pdr HE.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 89
  • 13pdr case.jpg
    13pdr case.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 102
  • 13pdr shell.jpg
    13pdr shell.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 106
  • 13pdr top.jpg
    13pdr top.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 72
  • transit plug.jpg
    transit plug.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
Thanks Chris, i would like to get the No 44/80 Mk 1 fuse but i expect they are like hens teeth i have the No 80 ready for it but its the brass one i really need the aluminium one but yet again they are hard to get hold of so its a matter of waiting for the right one to come along.
Andy

Thanks Chris, i would like to get the No 44/80 Mk 1 fuse but i expect they are like hens teeth i have the No 80 ready for it but its the brass one i really need the aluminium one but yet again they are hard to get hold of so its a matter of waiting for the right one to come along.
Andy

Never seen the Aluminium version !

As you say probably "hens teeth" and to try and find one !

If you keep looking I'm sure one will come along - its surprising how many hens teeth there are around!!

Dave.

Hi
It's a 13Pr HE Mk I
It's must be fitted with 44/80 and 80/44
The adapterN11 is not for this shell
The security adapter N 11 (2 in thread) is fitted inside the eye off 3 in HE AA shell under the fuze 80/44
Also when the 85 is fitted on 3 in HE AA, the fuse 44/85 is used under on adapter N9

You could probably quite easily find a proper primer for it as well, the one in it appears to be a replica that someone has made. I'm sure there is a cut down 18 Pounder case somewhere with a Canadian Marked primer you can take out of it.

Fuse

Hi Andy,speak to Waff,his mate mick had 1 maybe 2 at beltring,they needed work on the threads but im sure you could sort out that. He might still have one?? Best ,Tony:tinysmile_fatgrin_t

13pr

I believe the 13pr HE shell taking the 80/44 fuze system was the AA shell and not normally used with the field gun case, more usually in the 13pr 9cwt necked down 18pr case. Aluminium no.80s are available as they were made from at least 1905 onward by EOC and VSM but I believe the correct fuze would be marked 80/44 not just 80. My similar shell has the adaptor, cant see a number on it and shell is marked as a MKI. 2pr

Hi 2pdr, i was wondering if it was for the AA case something else to look out for.
Cheers
Andy

Hi Andy,speak to Waff,his mate mick had 1 maybe 2 at beltring,they needed work on the threads but im sure you could sort out that. He might still have one?? Best ,Tony:tinysmile_fatgrin_t

Hi lads,
These two were in my sales box at Beltring.Are these the ones?,i still have them if so.
If not,then i shall Mick tonight.

cheers

waff

Attachments

• S7005091.jpg
    S7005091.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 14
  • S7005092.jpg
    S7005092.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
hi
The fuze 80/44 for this Mk I HE shell must be Mk IV version with internal aluminium body
this 80/44 (introduce in 1914) is not the same used in AA shell because it's a time and percution fuze and not a time fuze like the new 80/44 used in 1917 in AA shell and not before
This first version of 80/44 is alway used in 18Pr HE shell Mk I ( same body and reduced eye like your 13 Pr but in 18Pr)
Your case is correct for this shell